Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Perfect Reminder to End the Day

I am sitting here covered in dirt from head to toe after a very eventful day. I will blog later about the amazing church service we went to, the families we visited and I can't wait to tell the story of the tire blowing and how Keren and I met the task of changing the tire in the Africa bush......so funny.

I did want to give you an update on the three people that we have been seeing. I went to check on them this evening and for the most part was encouraged. Bachageza wasn't feeling any worse, and his pain seemed to be getting better. We still don't know exactly what is going on there, but we are trusting God for healing and doing are best to care for him. He seemed to be walking a bit better, and I think the swelling is coming down in his legs, so that is a bit encouraging. His entire family came out to greet us which always blesses my heart, and his newest daughter is only 3 weeks old, I think I had said 2 months prior to this. I am going to be taking some of the students to the clinic tomorrow, so we will make the rounds to see these people and I will let you know how they do. Please continue to pray for them.

The little Grandma that has been having Abd pain was also a bit better today. She didn't have fever and some of the medications that she has been taking are starting to work. I was such a blessing to sit beside her and listen as the nursing students prayed for healing and peace. She is such a strong woman and she teaches us all so much through her example of perseverance.

We also checked in on Horacio and his family and that situation continues to remain grave. His pain was a little better after some of the medication, but what I noticed even more was the sense of peace in the room. Even though the family is still anxious.... how could they not be, Horacio didn't seem as desperate or to be begging me with his eyes as much. As I was assessing him, I noticed though that he has now developed a bad case of thrush throughout all of his mouth and most likely down his throat....which again further supports our suspician of AIDS. I sometimes have to stop and take a deep breath to release the tension in my heart as I think of this man.... but God knows all and I believe He is holding Horacio through all of this. Tonight as Shannon prayed again for peace, healing, and relief from the pain... it was so evident that God was there. As we left the tent, we were given such an amazing reminder through a beautiful rainbow in the sky.... a sign of God's promise to us all. It was as if God was telling our team that He is there with us, He knows all that is happening, He is in control, and that He knew that we needed some encouragement. What a great God we serve. Horacio's days are numbered, but I believe that he will be in heaven where there is no pain, suffering or tears. Until then, we will continue to love him as best as we can.

Thank you for your prayers, Shannon and I will try and get some pictures up so that you can see the experiences that are touching our hearts. The students are doing so well, and they laughter is often heard despite their sadness. I know that this is challanging all of us in so many ways, but I also know and have seen over and over how their presence here with these people is blessing so many.

Must run and shower... much love to you all..

Andrew...... you would have been proud of me today as crawled under the van and jacked it up to change the tire...... miss and love you!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment